Potential Fresh Meat (PFM) is a recreational roller derby league training program open to all women and non-binary folks 18 years and over, who are interested in learning and practicing the skills needed to play roller derby under the WFTDA ruleset and gender policy. Some of our members skate with us to get ready for tryouts for competitive leagues all over the Pacific Northwest, while others skate with PFM because it’s fun and great exercise.
In order to participate in PFM practices, please see our New Skater page!
Our mission is dedicated to athleticism and roller derby education. We are committed to providing a safe, fun, supportive environment for people of all backgrounds and skill levels. We cater to:
- People who want to play roller derby recreationally, with no commitment, just for fun.
- Current league skaters wanting some extra practice time to learn faster.
- Skaters brand new to skating and/or roller derby.
- People who have not skated in 20 years.
- Those recovering from an injury.
- New skaters who wish to try out for a league.
- People who want to learn to NSO.
- People who want to learn to referee.
- People looking for a social outlet.
- Retired skaters who want to ease back in.
- Those looking for exercise in place of a gym membership.
- Skaters who wish to get coaching from multiple local leagues.
- Skaters looking for some non-contact options.
- Those who wish to skate in a woman and LGBTQ safe environment.
- Transfer skaters new to the area who want to start skating immediately.
- Seasoned and/or retired veterans wanting to skate without league commitments.
Our members are lawyers, mothers, firefighters, and grocery store clerks; aspiring roller derby skaters, retired roller derby skaters, speed skaters, ice skaters, dance skaters, and haven’t-skated-since-elementary-school-ers. Some of us plan to try out for competitive leagues, and some stay for the exercise and camaraderie.
PFM is not affiliated with any competitive league, but we support all Seattle-area competitive leagues.
PFM is led by ~
President: Michelle Messmer
Vice President: Christine Nishida
Treasurer: Julia Schoellenbach
Secretary: Kyra Sutherland
Board of Directors: